Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Sauce

Ooh this looked so good to me I think I'll make it for dinner tomorrow. I just bought some pork chops, which Im sure will work just fine in this recipe. I got it off of Allrecipes.com...a major source of my recipes but tweaked it just a bit. It origianally called for marsala wine,but being just fresh out of wine all of the time I will use chicken stock instead...I don't know how it will change the flavor...so maybe you better wait for a full report before you try it out. I will probably serve it with roasted red potatoes and some sort of vegetable.
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I will.



2 pork tenderloins
4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
2 shallots or 1/2 c. onions, minced
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 cup heavy cream
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat pork tenderloins generously with mustard. Oil a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange tenderloins in pan, and brown the meat. Turn to brown evenly. Transfer meat to prepared baking dish.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn, and continue cooking for 20 minutes, or until desired doneness.
  4. Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in the same pan used to cook the pork. Cook shallots and mushrooms in butter until soft. Stir in chicken stock, mustard, and cream, and cook until volume of liquid is reduced by half.
  5. Slice pork, and place on a serving dish. Spoon sauce over meat, and serve.

2 comments:

  1. OK so I tried it and LOVED it! MMM this is a keeper!
    The sauce was so good I wanted to lick my plate clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to self...as good as the sauce was, it was very runny...maybe adding a couple Tbsp of cornstarch to thicken it up a bit next time???

    ReplyDelete