Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Favorite Steak Marinade

I've got real love for my BBQ... some might even say I am a better griller then the hub... I know don't tell him I saide that! haha This is a savory sweet marinade that on the right cut of meat (look for good marbled swirls) will just melt in your mouth! Yum I seriously can't wait to throw it on the fire again.

Teriyaki Marinade
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce/marinade
  • 2 (6 ounce) lean beef rib eye steaks (I used a thin cut flank steak)

  1. Whisk together the soy sauce, water, sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, olive oil, onion powder, garlic, and teriyaki sauce in a large bowl. Pierce steaks several times with a fork. Marinate steaks in soy sauce mixture for at least 2 hours.
  2. Grill the steaks over medium heat; 7 minutes per side for medium. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).

No comments:

Post a Comment