So to save it's buttery life and to fill our tummies we have had buttermilk pancakes, buttermilk bread (recipe to follow), homeade buttermilk ranch dressing, buttermilk in my brownies...wowee I swear if there was any left I probably would have put the rest in my bathtub!! (good for the skin? maybe!)
So these pancakes are STELLAR! I (like most of you) always made pancakes from the bag (Krusteaz, Betty Crocker, Bisquick, etc.) But after eating these I don't think I can go back! Seriously they are drool worthy!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 cups and 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/8 pinch salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons and 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter and buttermilk. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar; stir into the wet ingredients just until blended. Adjust the thickness of the batter to your liking by adding more flour or buttermilk if necessary.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. Continue with remaining batter.