Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


I know it's not Mother's Day...yet, but I won't be posting until Monday, we have a full 2-day Mother's Day fiasco going on out here...busy busy busy! This is what I am bringing for dessert for my mom on Sunday. I can't think of a more perfect dessert on a HOT spring (although it already feels like summer) day lounging by the pool with my mom and family.

You can find my own adapted homeade ice cream recipe here.
I'll serve it with this pie which is seriously sooo yummy. To lighten it up a bit I'll use Neufchatel cheese, fat free milk, and light whipped topping.

Strawberry Pina Colada Pie

Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (whirl around until fine in food processor)
3 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. completely melted butter

Mash together (I just use my hands) until blended and mold into a 9 in. pie pan. Cook for 8 min. at 350. Let cool.


1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk
1 pkg. (4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 tub (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed, divided
1/4 cup coconut, toasted (throw in oven at 350 for a couple minutes. Keep watching so it doesn't burn, just let it get nice and light toasty brown)
1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries

BEAT cream cheese and milk in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Add dry pudding mix and pineapple; mix well. Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping; spoon into crust.

REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until firm.

TOP with coconut, strawberries and remaining whipped topping just before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment