Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies


Now I had to get this recipe down before I start any diet of any kind this year. Thanks to awesome Bakerella I now have my two favorite things combined together with chocolate on top.

It just doesn't get any better than this!

Actually this is like a Aha! moment. Obviously this is such an easy concept and I'm thinking "now why the heck couldn't I think of this?" But I am so grateful Bakerella did.

Here's what your gonna need:




1 pkg chocolate chip cookie mix
1 pkg brownie mix
Seriously guys it's that easy!

Prepare both as directed in separate bowls. Pour the brownie batter into a greased 13X9 pan. Plop the cookies on top... just like this




Now pat down the cookie dough morsels... just to make sure they don't go anywhere.

Bake for about 35 -40 minutes at 350 degrees

Here's the hardest part - you need to let them cool

Completely

For an hour

No, no not 20 minutes

You can lock yourself up in the closet if needed.

Now - whip up some of this to complete the 8th wonder of the world.
Now I suppose you could use just plain old canned chocolate frosting...but why??
When you could make this!!


Chocolate Ganache
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp butter
In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
Pour over the chocolate morsels.
Let stand about 20 seconds and stir until smooth.
Pour over brownies and LET SET* before cutting.

Ooh I can only imagine this a la mode with my vanilla ice cream..{shudder}.it's almost to much to fathom.

No comments:

Post a Comment