Saturday, January 17, 2009

Spanish Rice

So my camera is still in the shop...I know I am counting the days until I can cradle it back into my arms again...
But in the mean time I got this recipe from my next door neighbor. Not only is it fabulous but it's good too.
I always took the easy route of using my rice cooker for every type of rice, but I have learned that taking the extra time and effort by using the stove top - can give you much tastier results.

Spanish Rice

1 Tbsp cooking oil
2 finely chopped garlic cloves ( using the prepackaged minced garlic in olive oil is a time saver)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. rice

Put these ingredients together in a shallow saucepan and mix until coated. Cook using medium heat for about 5-7 minutes or until the rice is browned.

Add

1 14 oz. can of chicken broth
1 cup water
1 Tbsp powdered chicken bullion
1/2 cup tomato sauce

Stir together, cover with lid and cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Stir once or twice near the end of cooking time to make sure the rice isn't sticking to the bottom of the pan.

1 comment:

  1. I've never made spanish rice this way and it turned out really good. I substituted El Pato for the tomato sauce to spice it up, though I'll probably use more next time

    ReplyDelete