Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'll make a meatloaf lover out of you...

Hmmm...not a fan of meatloaf aren't you...

Well that stops today my good friend!! I too once was an anti - meatloafer like yourself until I came across this recipe. It might have been the modern un - loafiness that made me change for the better... or maybe it's the sauce that makes me coming back for more.

Whatever it may be this is a Holmes staple now and forever.

I'll make a believer out of you.... dare you to try it!


2eggs
3/4 c. milk
2/3 c. finely crushed saltines
1/2 c. chopped onion
3/4 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef or turkey


1 c. ketchup
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce


In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add milk, saltines, onion, salt, and pepper. Add meat and mix well.
Transfer onto an ungreased shallow baking pan. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and W. sauce in a seperate bowl. Spread sauce on top of meatloaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes or more depending how thick your meat blob is. If using a bread pan bake for 60 - 65 minutes. Let stand for atleast 10 minutes before serving. Makes about 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment