Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sticky Lemon Chicken

I apologize to the whole two or three people who actually read this blog that I have no pictures with some of my posts. My camera is sick and will hopefully be better soon!


Woo hoo for one of the best chicken recipes ever! I got this recipe from watching GMA a while ago when they had chef Gordon Ramsey on as their guest chef. So as soon as he started this recipe I had my pen and paper ready to go... but holy John Wayne - they go sooo stinkn fast you don't even have time to write the dang recipe down. It's like you write down the first ingredient and you look back up and all of the sudden they are already pulling the finished dish out of the oven and are switching over to the weather! So this is me trying to salvage this yummy dish from it's torn, wrinkly and scribbled existence.

Here's what yer going to need:

3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh thyme
1-2 tsp minced garlic (depending how garlicky you like to go)
2 lbs of chicken (bone-in drumsticks or wings work best)

In a shallow saute pan, saute chicken, thyme, garlic and oil for about 7-10 minutes on med/high heat, or until chicken is about 1/2 way cooked. Add to the mix:

3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
1 lemon, sliced (I give a good squeeze to one of the slices to add to the sauce before chucking it in)

Continue cooking at med/high until sauce has caramelized and chicken is cooked all the way through, about 10 more minutes. Stir every now and then and especially during the last couple of minutes to prevent the chicken and sauce from sticking to the pan.

Sprinkle chopped fresh Italian parsley on top to finish.




1 comment:

  1. i made this lastnight and we loved it! thanks for your great recipes!-candace

    ReplyDelete